Hancock Forest Management
General Directive: Planning, coordinating, supervising, and implementing forest management projects and programs in a team environment.
- The region encompasses 149,000 acres.
- Silviculture, harvest, transportation, and land management operations.
- Stewardship of people and the environment.
- Stakeholder relations.
- Silviculture, harvest, transportation system, and land management planning, layout, permitting, and contract supervision.
- Development of property management plans, property budgets, and budget forecasts.
- Environmental stewardship program implementation and compliance.
- Safety culture development, program implementation, and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary duties include silviculture -- reforestation, competing vegetation control, insect, animal / disease damage control, etc.
- Support of harvest unit design, boundary delineation, environmental compliance, harvest system selection, bidding/negotiating price, contracting, contract administration, etc.
- Support other land management activities development and implementation.
- Active and involved participant in the safety program.
- The development of budgets and forecasts.
- Implementation of the stewardship program, including SFI.
- Support HNRG groups such as acquisitions, client account group, etc. as needed.
- Special projects as requested or needed.
- BS in Forest Management or related field such as Forest Engineering/Forest Science.
- Demonstrates proficiency in GIS, ArcMap preferable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software suite (includes Outlook / email or something similar)
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Team player - able to understand and work with different personalities.
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.